Pittsburgh Current Staff Writer
Hamilton is returning to Pittsburgh. Well, eventually.
The Pittsburgh Cultural Trust announced its 2019-2020 PNC Broadway in Pittsburgh season Monday night. The new season’s offerings range from new musicals like Mean Girls and 10-time Tony Award winner The Band’s Visit to classics like Les Misérables, Jesus Christ Superstar and Cats.
Marc Fleming, vice president of marketing, communications and Broadway programming, said that the upcoming season appeals to more people than seasons’ past.
“That’s one of the things that we look for and this season, probably more than others, really does have something for everyone,” he said. “Sometimes it’s cliche to say that, but it really does.”
Kevin McMahon, president and CEO of the Cultural Trust, said the 2019-2020 season follows the Cultural Trust’s mission of keeping its Broadway programming open, accessible and fresh.
“If you look at our lineup for our PNC Broadway series this year, I think anyone from any background is going to be very happy to see our lineup,” he said.
Those who purchase season tickets in 2019-2020 and who renew for the 2020-2021 season will receive priority seating for Hamilton, although ticket limits and other restrictions may apply. More information about I return will be announced in the future.
2019-2020 PNC Broadway in Pittsburgh Season:
Shows are at the Benedum Center unless noted:
- “Mean Girls.” Oct. 28 through Nov. 3.
- “A Bronx Tale.” Nov. 19 through Nov. 24:
- “Jesus Christ Superstar” (Heinz Hall, Downtown). Dec. 31, 2019 through Jan. 5, 2020.
- “Miss Saigon.” Feb. 4 through Feb. 9, 2020.
- “The Band’s Visit.” March 10 through March 15, 2020.
- “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical.” April 7 through April 12, 2020.
- “Escape to Margaritaville.” May 12 through May 17, 2020:
2019-2020 Season Specials
- “Disney’s the Lion King.” Sept. 4 through Sept. 29 (sensory-friendly performance on Sept. 14, 2019).
- “Les Misérables.” Nov. 26 through Dec. 1, 2020.
- “The Illusionists: Magic of the Holidays.” (Heinz Hall, Downtown). Dec. 26 through Dec. 29.
- “Cats.” Feb. 26 through March 1, 2020.
Subscription packages to the seven-show series are $205 to $723 per subscription. Single tickets go on sale six to eight weeks in advance of the show’s opening for most events. For season tickets for the PNC Broadway in Pittsburgh season, visit the PNC Broadway in Pittsburgh site or call 412-456-1390. For more information, visit the Cultural Trust site or call 412-456-4800.