Carnegie Science Center
Children and adults who are on the autism spectrum or have sensory sensitivities are invited to Carnegie Science Center’s Sensory Sensitive Science Hours on select Sundays from 10 am-1 pm. Exhibit lights and sound effects will be adjusted and special activities will be added to foster a safe, welcoming, and most of all, fun, environment for all visitors.
Visitors will enjoy:
- Special animal encounters in the H2Oh! Field Station, sponsored by ALCOSAN 3 Rivers Proud
- A sensory activity table with tactile objects in the Miniature Railroad & Village®, presented by Klavon’s Ice Cream Parlor
- A sensory-friendly “Move It, Move it!” live demonstration in the BodyStage, presented by Allegheny Health Network
- A sensory-friendly “Earth & Friends” live demonstration in the Works Theater
- Floor demonstrations in Highmark SportsWorks®