Our friends at Honeycomb Credit put together some of the Small Business Saturday events happening around Pittsburgh today. Now get out there and support local!
This year, Small Business Saturday will be celebrated nationwide on November 30. If you ask any Pittsburgher about their favorite things about the city, chances are they’ll go on and on about their neighborhood and the locally owned businesses near them.
We want to highlight some neighborhoods that are going above and beyond to celebrate small businesses and bring the local community together with some holiday cheer and festivities.
Here are 6 Pittsburgh neighborhoods that you can’t miss out this Small Business Saturday!
- Bloomfield — To kick off Small Business Saturday, Bloomfield is hosting an open meet & greet at SPiLL The Wine Bar from 10 am-2 pm. Pick up a holiday gift guide featuring Bloomfield businesses and enjoy wine tastings and refreshments. You can also chat and mingle with Bloomfield Development Corporation’s Board of Directors about current projects, ranging from transportation and housing to the Winter Farmer’s market. Take a moment and smell the rosé this Small Business Saturday!
- Brookline — As part of the annual Brookline Lights Up event, Brookline Together will be hosting a Small Business Pop Up Market from 3 pm-6 pm. Half a dozen local small businesses will be selling their wares at 826 Brookline Blvd, itself a newly renovated building ready for small business tenants! Ring in the holiday season at this family-friendly event with photos with Santa, kids craft projects, hot chocolate, and a tree lighting ceremony at 5 pm.
- Downtown Pittsburgh — Visit Downtown Pittsburgh to celebrate the vibrant, locally-owned small shops and businesses with free swag, giveaways, and sales. Small Business Saturday will also mark the launch of the Downtown Pittsburgh Partnership’s 2019 Holiday Shopping Passport Program with 140+ participating businesses! Stop by each shop to get a stamp on your passport before December 23. A fully stamped passport can be turned in for a chance to enter to win a bunch of weekly Downtown prizes.
- Lawrenceville — Lawrenceville’s shops are excited for your business on Saturday the 11/30. But the neighborhood will be pulling out all the stops for the 2019 Lawrenceville Cookie Tour, a Lawrenceville tradition since 1997. Join the self-guided cookie tour for a chance to visit 40+ businesses along Butler St and Penn Ave for holiday shopping and cookie sampling from December 6-8.
- Shadyside — The Shadyside Chamber of Commerce has put together a guide of special Small Business Saturday deals from 14 participating Shadyside businesses, including 20% off shop merchandise at Arriviste Coffee Bar, 10% off all purchases at Petagogy, and raffles at Scribe Fine Papers. While you’re doing your holiday shopping, keep an eye out for Santa Claus, who’ll be making visits to Shadyside shops and businesses with treats for the kids from 1-3 pm!
- Strip District — Strip District Neighbors has gathered all the special Small Business Saturday deals and events in the Strip District, including bourbon releases at Wigle Whiskey, infusion workshops and pictures with Santa at Kingfly Spirits, and 20% off gift certificates at Bold Escape Room. Planning to drive there? The Pittsburgh Parking Authority is graciously offering free parking in Strip District surface lots and metered street spots for the whole day.
We hope that you have a wonderful Small Business Saturday this year. And remember, while Small Business Saturday is a special holiday, there are 364 other days in the year where you can be showing support to your favorite local businesses!
Your fellow Pittsburghers are investing local and helping their favorite small businesses grow, including Millie’s Ice Cream, Pro Bike+Run, and Iron Born Pizza. Don’t miss out on the fun! Learn more investing on Honeycomb Credit here.